You may have heard about Microsoft’s Office 365 cloud service and wondered what it’s all about. It is basically a set of software and services that you can subscribe to, and instead of paying outright for a license you can now lease it monthly or yearly.
HostAway offers many different Office 365 licenses however the most popular are:
Exchange Online Plan 1 – Business email with none of the extras.
Business Essentials – Business email with online Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) plus 1TB of OneDrive space (Microsoft’s Dropbox equivalent), Skype for Business, Sharepoint Intranet and Microsoft Teams (chat program).
Business Premium – Business email with online AND offline Office applications, which you can install on up to 5 devices. All of the above extras are also included.
We can set you up with a domain, DNS hosting and Office 365 account and have your business email address up and running in no time! You can mix and match licenses if not everyone in your organisation requires the same services.
The business email service, referred to as Hosted Exchange, has a few pros and cons:
- You receive a 50GB mailbox which can be expanded to 100GB if necessary.
- Sharing contacts and calendars between staff members and devices is made easier.
- Your data is hosted in Microsoft’s cloud, not in our data centre in Perth.
- There is less transparency so if there are mail delivery problems we need to liaise with Microsoft, which can take longer to resolve.
- More expensive for businesses who have many users.
If you’d like more information about Office 365 please check out our pricing here or give us a call.